If you’ve recently been in an auto accident, you may benefit from chiropractic car injury treatment in Plantation. This is because auto accidents can injure your muscles and joints, especially your neck, shoulders, and wrists, and it can take up to three days for you to feel the effects. Part of the reason is that when you’re in an auto accident, your body releases adrenaline, which is also known as epinephrine, which is the fight-or-flight hormone. It can dim pain and enhance strength, speed, and reflexes. This means that you may not feel any pain or discomfort directly after your accident, and if you don’t have any cuts or severe injuries, you may not even realize you’ve been hurt until the next day or even days later.
Common Car Injuries
Chiropractic care can help treat soft tissue car accident injuries, which are injuries that affect the joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
- Shoulder Injuries – Should injuries are caused in the shoulder that is being held back by the seatbelt.
- Sprains and Strains of the Extremity Joints – You may also experience sprains or strains in your wrists, knees, elbows, and ankles, which occur due to the joint being moved far outside its normal range of motion.
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when the head is whipped back and forth rapidly between the seat and its maximum forward range of motion. This sprains and strains the muscles in the neck and can cause joint misalignments as well as slipped discs.
The Benefits of Seeking a Chiropractor for Car Injury Treatment in Plantation
Chiropractic care after a car accident can help you recover faster and reduce your reliance on medications that help control inflammation and pain. This is because chiropractic care only advocates for medications and invasive procedures as a last resort.
- Reduce Soft Tissue Inflammation – Treatments like Myofascial release and chiropractic adjustments help improve circulation and reduce inflammation, which speeds up the healing process.
- Reduce Scar Tissue – Scar tissue can limit the movement of the joints and create painful areas. Myofascial release can help break apart scar tissue to achieve a better final outcome once you are healed.
- Reduce Reliance on Prescription and OCT medications – If you’re looking to reduce your reliance on main medications and anti-inflammatories, chiropractic care can help. Chiropractic adjustments, rehabilitation, and spinal decompression help decrease healing times and naturally relieve pain.
- Help Reduce the Likelihood of a Chronic Injury – Getting prompt treatment can help prevent a minor injury from becoming a chronic injury. This is especially true for headaches and neck stiffness caused by whiplash.
- Help heal back injuries – Back injuries, like pulled muscles and herniated discs, can limit your quality of life. Chiropractic care can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with herniated discs, sciatica and sprains, and strains and help you feel better faster.
How Stumpff Chiropractic Can Help You
Dr. Stumpff at Stumpff Chiropractic can help you heal and feel better after your car accident. Our treatments for auto accident injuries include:
These services help heal back and neck injuries, car accident injuries, recitative motion injuries, and sports injuries. We can even help you with poor posture.
Meet Dr. Stumpff
Our chiropractor, Dr. Stumpff, can help you heal after your car accident. He is dedicated to providing care to those who have soft tissue injuries and joint pain because he was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter Disease in his childhood. This condition is known to cause painful lumps under the kneecaps, and as a result, he was told to stop playing his favorite sports. Rather than reduce his physical activity, Dr. Stumpff sought treatment for his condition from a chiropractor. The chiropractic treatments combined with knee braces helped him continue to play soccer, and today, he still plays soccer and runs. It was this experience that prompted Dr. Stumpff to become a board-certified chiropractor.
How To Get Car Injury Treatment Today
If you need car injury treatment in Plantation, don’t wait until the first symptoms, which could happen hours or even days later. By seeking immediate treatment, you are more likely to experience fewer symptoms of your injury and heal faster.
To schedule an appointment with our car injury chiropractor, give us a call at 954-368-4054.