If you suffer from chronic joint pain, neurological symptoms, or the debilitating effects of an accident, you may find relief through chiropractic care in Plantation FL. Chiropractic care involves the precise manipulation of joint components. These manipulations bring joints back into their proper alignment while also limbering the tissues that support the joint.
How Does Chiropractic Care Work?
An estimated 22 million Americans schedule chiropractic care in any given year. This non-surgical, drug-free treatment focuses on restoring proper joint alignment, not only to help those joints move more freely but also to improve overall musculoskeletal balance and nerve function.
Our chiropractic care in Plantation begins with a detailed physical evaluation, including X-rays, to locate the cause of your symptoms. Your treatment plan may combine manual adjustments, instrument-based adjustments, and other helpful treatments to bring joints back in line. Our chiropractor in Plantation may also prescribe supportive care such as exercises or lifestyle changes.
Symptoms & Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Care
Your joints can sustain damage from age-based wear and tear, a sudden high-impact accident injury, underlying diseases, and disorders, or repetitive motion that places the joints and their tissues under continuous stress. Chiropractic care can often spare patients the need for surgery or medications by correcting joint imbalances that promote pain, inflammation, and stiffness. Look at some examples of what we can successfully treat.
- Neck pain - A whiplash injury, stooped head posture, bone spur, or longstanding cervical misalignment can give you a stiff, painful neck.
- Low back pain - A herniated disc, a strained muscle, a work or sports accident, or lumbar vertebral misalignment can cause debilitating back pain.
- Shoulder pain - Chiropractic care can relieve shoulder pain caused by adhesive capsulitis, dislocation, osteoarthritis, or bursitis.
- Elbow pain - Painful problems such as tennis elbow and golf elbow respond well to extremity adjustments.
- Wrist pain - Chiropractic care may help you overcome conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome without surgery.
- Hip pain - Hip pain may stem from a problem in the joint itself or from an unbalanced musculoskeletal system that strains the hip tissues.
- Knee pain - A knee joint that has lost its alignment or supports an unbalanced body may need chiropractic care to ease pain and stiffness.
- Ankle pain - Your ankles support your entire body, so even a slight misalignment can cause serious pain. Our chiropractor can perform adjustments to reduce abnormal ankle pressure and stress.
How Can Stumpff Chiropractic Help You?
Stumpff Chiropractic is Plantation's choice for professional chiropractic care. We aim to return you to your daily activities as quickly as possible through drug-free short-term pain relief practices.
Techniques Offered at Stumpff Chiropractic
Stumpff Chiropractic can administer many kinds of chiropractic techniques, including both manual and instrument-based chiropractic modalities. You may benefit from any of the following services at our clinic.
- Extremity adjusting - Unlike standard spinal adjustment techniques, extremity adjusting focuses on the shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, and ankles.
- Gonstead - Gonstead technique relies on X-rays, palpation, instrumentation, visualization, and symptom evaluation to pinpoint the right approach to treatment.
- Flexion/Distraction - Flexion/distraction techniques and equipment gently stretch the spinal column, creating negative pressure between vertebrae that helps herniated discs and pinched nerves.
- Palmer Package - The Palmer Package combines Diversified, Gonstead, Thompson drop-table, and toggle recoil techniques.
- Light force mobilization - This technique uses a special tool called an Activator to administer easy, comfortable adjustments.
- Instrument Adjusting - Specialized instruments can provide extremely precise and gentle adjustments compared to manual adjustments.
Meet Dr. Stumpff
Nationally board-certified chiropractor Dr. Eric Stumpff earned his Doctorate of Chiropractic at Palmer College of Chiropractic Florida. As a young athlete, Dr. Stumpff benefited from chiropractic care when he had to either overcome a disabling knee condition or give up sports. Since then, our chiropractor in Plantation has specialized in providing personalized combinations of chiropractic adjustment, soft tissue healing methods, and active self-care exercises to help patients feel and function better.
Discover What Chiropractic Care Can Do for You
Stumpff Chiropractic offers skilled, comprehensive, holistic chiropractic care in Plantation FL. Whether you suffer from an accident injury that has thrown your spine out of alignment or you need help with nagging neck, back, or extremity joint pain, we're ready to get you back in comfortable working order. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.