The Struggles of Neck Pain
Neck pain can put a serious crimp in your everyday life. This common yet agonizing issue can stem from a wide range of causes, from traumatic injuries to chronic spinal imbalances. You may have trouble working, driving, playing sports, or even lying down due to neck pain. Take a closer look at this problem and how Stumpff Chiropractic can provide non-surgical neck pain treatment in Plantation.
What Are the Common Symptoms of Neck Pain?
Neck pain can take several forms and disrupt your life in numerous ways. Common symptoms associated with a neck pain problem include:
- Tightness in the neck from muscle spasms.
- Neck stiffness may make turning your head difficult or impossible.
- Pain that seems to grow more intense the longer you hold your head in one fixed position.
- Chronic or recurring headaches from cervical strain or damage in the neck.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Just as neck pain can cause many symptoms, it can stem from many underlying causes. The cervical spine, muscle, and connective tissue that support the weight of your head can easily sustain acute or chronic injuries that lead to neck pain. The cervical vertebrae and vertebral discs can also suffer from painful degenerative conditions. Take a look at some common causes of neck pain.
- Whiplash - This form of acute accident injury occurs when a sharp jolt to the body (as in a car collision) throws the head backward and forward with tremendous force, potentially dislodging vertebrae and straining the soft tissues.
- Skeletal wear and tear - Over time, the everyday stress placed on the cervical spine can cause joint deterioration in the neck, leading to osteoarthritis and the formation of bone spurs that impinge cervical nerves.
- Herniated discs - When a disc that cushions two neck vertebrae bulges out of place and herniates, it can press against nearby nerve roots, often causing not only neck pain but also pain, tingling, or numbness in your upper extremities.
- Underlying health challenges - Sometimes an underlying ailment such as cancer, meningitis, or an autoimmune condition such as rheumatoid arthritis can produce neck pain.
- Postural imbalances- If you allow your head to droop regularly at work (typically to look at a computer or smartphone screen), you can harm your cervical spinal alignment and strain your neck muscles.
How Can a Neck Pain Chiropractor Help You?
The right neck pain chiropractor can make all the difference in helping you regain comfort and flexibility. At Stumpff Chiropractic, we pride ourselves on providing short-term pain relief to get you back to your daily activities as soon as possible. Our chiropractor's safe, effective neck pain treatment in Plantation includes modalities such as:
- Chiropractic Adjustment - Careful adjustments to the cervical spine can ease neck pain from whiplash or vertebral alignment issues.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression - This traction-like technique can help shift herniated discs away from cervical nerve roots.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) - in this technique, a special steel tool locates and breaks up scar tissue in the muscles and connective tissues, restoring neck flexibility.
- Myofascial Techniques - Our myofascial techniques can also break up scar tissue while boosting blood flow to the neck tissues.
- Injury Rehabilitation - We can prescribe exercise and other techniques to help you rehabilitate an injured neck.
Meet Dr. Stumpff
Dr. Stumpff can help you overcome your neck pain so you can enjoy a higher quality of life. A graduate of Florida State University and Magna cum Laude graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic Florida (where he received the Clinical Excellence Award), Dr. Stumpff discovered the true benefits of chiropractic care firsthand after using it to overcome his own painful knee condition. In addition to chiropractic treatment, he also incorporates other non-invasive treatment methods as part of a holistic approach to healing.
Take Your Neck Pain to Stumpff Chiropractic
You don't have to let neck pain interfere with your ability to enjoy life. Stumpff Chiropractic has the skills, experience, and non-invasive techniques you need to get your neck moving again. Contact our office today to schedule neck pain treatment in Plantation.