What is a Myofascial Release Technique?
We provide Myofascial Techniques in Plantation at our Chiropractic office. Myofascial release technique (MRT) is a soft tissue treatment that allows for the release and breakdown of scar tissue in muscles, fascia and ligaments. Myofascial release technique helps with the elongation of the fascia and muscle fibers through all their phases of motion. This produces an increase in blood flow, which aids the healing process and increases the overall range of motion.
How does it work?
Myofascial release works by applying pressure along a viscoelastic membrane, which is also called the fascia. This pressure can be applied via our chiropractor's hands and elbows or with the use of special tools. This helps elongate the tissue, which increases overall movement and helps with healing. It can be used to treat many conditions, including trauma, inflammatory responses, post-surgical procedures and postural conditions. Myofascial techniques can be provided with active motion movements, which are performed by the patient, passive motion movements, which are done by the provider, and even during in-office exercises, like those performed in our rehabilitation program.
What can Myofascial Release Technique treat?
- Adhesions – Adhesions are more commonly known as scar tissue. You may get scar tissue from a deep cut or surgery. This can entrap muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves, resulting in restriction of movement and pain.
- Headaches – Individuals which chronic tension headaches and migraines can benefit from MRT. This is because MRT helps release trapped tissues and relax the muscles in the shoulders and back of the neck.
- Limited Range of Motion – If certain parts of your body have a limited range of motion, it could be due to tightness in the fascia. Myofascial Release Technique can help in these instances.
- Overuse Injuries – This treatment can help with certain overuse injuries, including tennis elbow, patellar tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, runners knee and shin splints.
- Posture Imbalances – Myofasical release helps with posture imbalances by increasing the flexibility of the fascia.
- Nerve Compression – Nerve impingement can be caused by tightness in the fascia. MRT helps this by freeing the tight spots and increasing the movement in the fascia.
How can Stumpff Chiropractic help you?
Dr. Stumpff offers Myofascial Techniques in Plantation. If you're suffering from chronic pain,headaches, migraines, posture imbalances, scar tissue or an overuse injury, MRT may be the right choice for you. It helps resolve tight spots in the fascia and muscle, promotes proper body alignment and can help increase overall range of motion. This can help you get the short-term pain relief you need in order to keep up with your daily tasks and activities.
Meet Dr. Stumpff
Dr. Stumpff is dedicated to helping you feel better through non-invasive chiropractic techniques, like Myofascial Release Technique. He is a board-certified and licensed chiropractic doctor that truly believes in and values the benefits of chiropractic care. This is because he had the pleasure of working with a chiropractor in his youth that helped him manage his Osgood-Schlatter Disease, which affects the knee. By working with this chiropractor, Dr. Stumpff was able to manage his condition and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Myofascial Techniques in Plantation can help you find pain relief for many chronic and acute conditions. It helps improve range of motion and posture. Many individuals also report lower levels of stress, and if you play a sport, you may notice an increase in your athletic performance.